By Owen Linzmayer
The single Apple-certified booklet on Mac OS X, this up-to-date best-seller will take you deep contained in the most up-to-date big-cat working method, protecting every little thing from networking applied sciences to procedure management, customizing the working approach, command-line programming, and extra. no matter if you are a aid technician or just an ardent Mac person, you are going to quick research and grasp the a hundred and fifty+ positive aspects new to Mac OS X Tiger, together with the leading edge highlight seek method, a Dashboard full of customizable Widget mini-apps, the Automator program for development custom-made workflows, and extra. Following the training pursuits of the Apple qualified Technical Coordinator certification examination, this self-paced ebook is an ideal complement to Apple's personal education type and a prime primer for laptop aid team of workers who have to troubleshoot and optimize Mac OS X as a part of their jobs. bankruptcy assessment sections and quizzes summarize and strengthen received wisdom.
Read Online or Download Apple Training Series Mac OS X Support Essentials PDF
Best operating systems books
Home windows 2000 Deployment innovations offers readers with the entire details they should make clever judgements approximately whilst and the way to take advantage of the Microsoft home windows 2000 working approach, or no matter if to exploit it in any respect. process directors might be in a position to overview the recent positive aspects of the home windows 2000 kinfolk, discover improvements to home windows 2000, and notice how you can include these improvements into their present place of work setting.
When you consider that its first quantity in 1960, Advances in desktops has provided precise assurance of thoughts in laptop undefined, software program, concept, layout, and purposes. It has additionally supplied members with a medium within which they could discover their matters in larger intensity and breadth than magazine articles frequently let.
- Sleeping with the Enemy: Running Windows® on a Mac®
- Getting Started with Microsoft Application Virtualization 4.6
- Mac OS X Panther QuickSteps
- Solaris (TM) Internals Vol 1
- Windows 7 100 Most Asked Questions
Additional resources for Apple Training Series Mac OS X Support Essentials
33. In the Password field of the "Confirm Access to Keychain" dialog, enter changeme and click Always Allow. This grants the Keychain Access application the permission to retrieve the encrypted disk image password. Notice that the disk image password (test) is now visible. 34. dmg window. 64 65 Because the keychain password is not the same as the login password, mounting the test disk image will always require Chris to enter the disk image password. Let's synchronize the keychain password with the login password so that the disk image is automatically opened when double-clicked.
1. Open Console (/Applications/Utilities). [View full size image] 2. If the list of available log files is not listed on the left side of the Console window, choose View > Show Log List. 33 34 3. Click the disclosure triangle next to /var/log to see the list of log files in that folder. NOTE In general, UNIX tools store their logs in /var/logs, whereas Apple utilities and third-party applications store their logs in ~/Library/Logs or /Library/Logs. 4. log. This is the log file created during installation.
64 65 Because the keychain password is not the same as the login password, mounting the test disk image will always require Chris to enter the disk image password. Let's synchronize the keychain password with the login password so that the disk image is automatically opened when double-clicked. 35. In Keychain Access, verify that the login keychain is unlocked. 36. " 37. In the Change Keychain Password dialog, enter the following information: • Current Password: changeme • New Password: f00tba11 38.
Apple Training Series Mac OS X Support Essentials by Owen Linzmayer